Monday, March 24, 2014

Baby Lips, Maybeline, New York.

Hello everyone, So I know it hasn't been long since my last post but today I have a bit of free time so I thought, Why not? Recently I have been reaching for my baby lips a lot more than I used to. Today I am writing all about them; hopefully if you are thinking about buying these then this will help you.

Starting off, these retail for £2.99 each which is a little expensive if you ask me. They are slightly tinted, nothing big and fancy at all so you are basically paying for a lip balm. I do know that you can buy lip balms that are tinted at the pound store so if you want to save even further there is no reason that these are different. I only have two, cherry me and pink punch. However, these are not all of the range. There are 6 altogether and as far as I know 3 are tinted and then the other 3 are moisturizing and have SPF in them. Here is an image of the two I own.
This is the really super cute packaging...
As you can see by the image above the packaging is super cute. I am a fan of the bright, eye catching colors. However, they look quite cheap and I am pretty sure that you are not paying for the packaging but for the product itself. Also I love the fact that even though these are quite cheap there is still a name. Don't you just hate it when you love a lip product and it doesn't have a name to call it by? The mechanism of these are swist up like most regular lip products. You get a fair amount of product which I think is a lot for what you are actually paying. The smell of these are amazing, they aren't to sickly but still sweet...I am in heaven!

First starting with "Cherry Me":


I do believe that this was one of the best sellers! Many people was buying this one expecting it too be really pigmented, I am sure they were disappointed. I am sure that Maybeline's  idea was to just make these a tinted lip balm with little pigment but it still doesn't impress me. In the tube it looks promising but to just get the pigment shown above I had to apply several layers. This one does smell amazing though, it smells like cherry's but not in a sickly or too artificial way. The staying power is not to good and I found it's gone as soon a I put anything to my lips (e.g drink, food etc.). Overall I would recommend this if you are going for the natural "no makeup" look.

Lastly, "Pink Punch" an amazing barbie pink:



This one has to be my favorite if I am in the mood for a strong, bright pink lip. I personally think that this is really pigmented for a tinted lip balm and it's super shiny too. If your the one for matte, non-shiny lips then this is not for you. Otherwise, this is great and the staying power isn't the best but is still much more better than the "Cherry Me" one. The color in stick form is not as strong when on the lips but it is pretty similar, what you see is what you get! This one also smells good, different to the other one but unique and amazing in it's own way.

I haven't tried the hydrate one and all of the other clear but nourishing ones but I think for that price it might be worth it. You can get these lip balms from boots in store or online. Here is a link to the boots online.

So that was my review on the baby lips. I hope you enjoyed reading it and it has helped you to make the decision of buying them (if you haven't already) and I will be making many more posts soon.
GoodBye! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment